My Top Ten YouTube Tips for today will help tighten up your channel, organise your content better and hopefully get you plenty more views! Many channels are neglected and left to gather dust. With a simple, organised strategy – there’s no reason why you can’t crush it and see off your competitors. You Tube has an estimated 1 billion DAILY hits! I know I want a piece of that action!
Here we go then with your Top Ten YouTube tips:
1. Customise your Channel. Whether it’s my channel, Facebook page, Twitter account or LinkedIn page, I always concentrate on building and branding myself online. So, I keep the same name for everything, try and use the same images, profile information and links to your primary business or company. This way, people will associate your products or services with YOU.
2. Subtitles. You can use the subtitles to cater for people with hearing difficulties or if regional accents or dialects are a problem. It’s good communication and it’s reaching out to MORE views and traffic! Use any advantage you can find.
3. Use annotations sensibly. No-one likes multiple messages flashing around your video. It’s a turn-off and to be honest, after your third one comes up people stop noticing them anyway! If you find your content has lots of subjects in there then have a look at your delivery and your content and stick to the subject in hand. I generally have one, sometimes two but that’s it. And space them out so when they come up on the screen they are noticible.
4. Protect yourself from offensive comments. You don’t want offensive rubbish on your channel and you really don’t want it to be there for a few days if you can’t get online! So, in your editing mode, de-select video comments.
5. Interact! YouTube is a social network so interact. Leave comments, put likes out there. Show people your personality and what you like to watch. Don’t just put your videos on there and have no profile or personality. Get involved. One hour per week will be enough.
6. Get your Tags right. YouTube’s content is organised on a tag word basis. It is well worth adding the correct tags to your content. I like to use a more-the-merrier attitude to this so I don’t miss the opportunities of more views. So, if I’m uploading a video about protecting pets from ticks and fleas, I’ll use tags like cats, dogs, pooch, kittens, puppies, fleas, ticks, puppies, paws ect. Cover all bases cos we really don’t know what people are putting the video search bar do we?
7. Description box. Use the description box to its maximum potential. So many people don’t use this fantastic tool. You can put plenty of keyword rich content in here along with the link to your product, service or the blog post the video sits in. Have a look at this video for a good example.
8. Get your videos out there. Don’t just leave your videos sat in your Youtube channel. Blog it, Tweet it and Facebook it to name but ways of getting your content more views.
9. Analytics. Use the FREE analytic tools to track your views and get as much data as you can. It can help with testing and to help with future video marketing strategies
10. Keywords. Put a list of keywords at the foot of your description box. Put your tag list there if you want, but I like to put some keywords in the list. This will count as content and this is a brilliant way of ranking your content higher in the search engines.
So there you go! Top Ten YouTube Tips to get you more views to your content.